Policies, FAQs & Expected Behavior
Welcome to the 102nd Running of the Far Hills Race Meeting! We are excited for you to join us.
Before arriving at the event, please take a few moments to carefully review the Tailgate Policies, Race Day FAQs, and Expected Behavior information contained on this page. Failure to comply with these rules will result in removal from the event.
- The aisle between rows MUST remain clear for emergency safety
- Tailgate spaces are on Hilltop and Infield are 10’wide x 20’ deep and accommodate up to 15 guests & one standard size vehicle. Vehicles can be no larger than a mini-van, SUV or standard–sized pickup
- Color coded ticket must be shown prior to entrance onto Moorland Farm
- By order of the Borough of Far Hills Fire Official; NO charcoal grills, propane grills, deep-fat fryers, open flames or ovens and NO generators permitted in all Reserved Parking areas
- There are no tents, commercial or political flags/signage permitted in Reserve Parking spaces
- Only registered Caterers are allowed on the property on race day. They must be out of the Reserved Parking areas by 9AM
- Rental companies must be registered in advance and all deliveries need to be made on 10/19 or 10/20. There will be no access to the property on race day
- All attendees are responsible for keeping their space clean. Please keep all trash bagged
- All spectators must be off the grounds by 6PM on Race Day
- Amplified music is prohibited
- Hay bales can be ordered online up until 10/11/23. There is a 4-bale minimum. Bales are (36”x16”x19”) and $20 each. No outside hay permitted
- Personal tailgating porta-pottys are not permitted
- No tailgating allowing in bus parking area and general parking area
- All space holders must be 21+ years of age
- Gates open at 8:00 am. Post time for first race is 1:00pm
- Last race posts approximately 4:30 pm
- Races will run rain or shine
- Attendees are NOT permitted to bring any alcohol through the pedestrian gates
- All admission tickets are electronically scanned as you enter the grounds
- Pets are not permitted on the grounds
- Everyone 14 and over entering Moorland Farm must have an admission ticket
- Children under 14 are admitted free and must be accompanied by an adult
- No refunds for lost or forgotten tickets
- Admission tickets are sold race day at the gates for $220
- Port-a-johns are located throughout the property
- There are medical tents on property for emergencies and medical services
- PA announcements will NOT be made to locate lost friends; if a real emergency, please contact the nearest police officer
- Lost and Found items should be turned into the Race Office along von Stade Way. All items are given to Far Hills Police Department and can be picked up the week after the races. The FHPD phone is (908) 234 – 1192
- All attendees are responsible for cleaning up their space
- Vehicles are permitted to remain overnight on Moorland Farm but MUST BE PICKED UP by 12:00 pm on Sunday
- Shuttles will transport guests from Handicapped Parking to where they want to go on the property. In the afternoon, the shuttles will run back to parking lots from 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm. The shuttles will periodically make rounds throughout the day
- Rideshare/Car service/Limo pickups will be directed to pick-up guests inside GATE 3. Located at the corner of RT 202 and Liberty Corner Road
- Buses that will be staying throughout the day enter Moorland Farm at GATE 2 or GATE 3 and are parked in the bus lots. Attendees who arrived by bus will meet their bus at the end of the day in the same spot where they disembarked their bus
- Hay bales needed to be ordered in advance (by October 4, 2023) and are NOT available for purchase on race day
- HOWEVER – if someone has paid for hay and it was not delivered, or was stolen, volunteers are available on the side of the west hilltop and in the Infield to assist Reserved Parkers who are missing hay. Delivery is NOT available. Volunteers will determine who gets hay
- On race day hay is NOT for sale and not for the taking
- Anyone stealing haybales that have not been pre-purchased from the Far Hills Race Meeting Association will be removed from the property
- No haybales shall be bought onto the property on race day
- To order your hay bales, please click here
- The Far Hills Race Meeting Association does not condone or tolerate underage drinking. Guests caught drinking under the legal age will be escorted off the premises immediately and face permanent expulsion from future events
- Visibly intoxicated attendees will be denied entrance to the event
- Only reserved parking spot holders, corporate tent holders and registered caterers are permitted to bring alcohol on the property for their private parties
- Spectators are subject to search at pedestrian gates
- Heavy alcohol consumption will not be tolerated
- No ice luges or blocks of ice permitted
- No tailgating or alcohol consumption is permitted in General Parking areas or bus lots
- Unregistered deliveries of alcohol to the race grounds are prohibited
- No patrons are permitted on race course
- No pets allowed on the property with exception of service dogs
- All space holders must be 21+ years of age
- All spectators must be off the grounds by 6:00 pm
- Tents are not permitted in tailgate spaces as they obstruct views of officials and emergency management
- Amplified music is prohibited
General admission ticket holders entering pedestrian gates will not be permitted to bring in alcohol.
Spectators will be subject to search.
Only reserved parking spot holders, tent holders and registered caterers are permitted to bring alcohol on the property for their private parties.
All caterers are required to register with the Far Hills Race Meeting Association, Inc. in advance. Unregistered deliveries of alcohol to the race grounds are prohibited.
Entrance will be denied to visibly intoxicated attendees.
Failure to comply with any of the above rules will result in removal from the event.
Underage drinking and DUI laws will be strictly enforced by law enforcement officers.
Each person, ticketholder, guest or attendee (“Participant”) acknowledges and agrees that as a condition of the issuance and use of this ticket, Participant’s attendance at this event may result in loss, injury, accident or damage, and Participant PERSONALLY AND VOLUNTARILY ASSUMES ALL RISKS of such loss, injury, accident or damage, including death and/or damage to property.
Participant further agrees and acknowledges to release and hold harmless the Far Hills Race Committee, Far Hills Race Meeting Association, Inc., National Steeplechase Association, Inc., the Borough of Far Hills and Bedminster Township (collectively, the “Sponsors”) and the Sponsors’ directors, officers, members, employees, volunteers, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, affiliates and agents, from any and all loss, injury, accident or damage, no matter how caused.
Participant further agrees and acknowledges that the Sponsors have made no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, as to the safety of Participant’s attendance at this event, and that Participants attendance at this event is the result of Participant’s voluntary decision to attend.
Participant authorizes Sponsors, and others on Sponsors’ behalf, to photograph, broadcast, record and videotape Participant at any time during this event, to use Participant’s name, photograph and likeness for promotional or other commercial purposes, without Participant’s prior review and without compensation of any kind to Participant.
Participant shall be deemed to have forfeited any privilege granted by this ticket and shall be escorted from the grounds if Participant creates a disturbance, endangers the safety of others, litters or otherwise interferes with the conduct of the event. Sponsors’ liability for such ejection, if any, shall be limited to a maximum of the refund of the cost of one general admission ticket ($110.00) per Participant.
Tickets obtained from sources other than Far Hills Race Meeting Association, Inc.’s authorized vendors will not be honored. Tickets cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES. RACES WILL RUN RAIN OR SHINE
More information can be found at www.farhillsrace.org or email at email@example.com.
Far Hills Race Meeting Association, Inc.
PO Box 617
Far Hills, NJ 07931
You must be 21 years old or older to purchase Reserved Parking packages.
By proceeding with this order, you hereby certify that you are 21 or over and that you will not distribute alcohol to anyone at the event under the age of 21.
Information Collection and Use
Far Hills Race Meeting Association, Inc. collects personally identifiable information including name, address, email address, phone number, ticket type, and event information when you register for an account or purchase products or services. Far Hills Race Meeting Association, Inc. also collects information from your browser including browser type, browser version, browser settings, operating system, pages visited, your IP Address, and cookies. Far Hills Race Meeting Association, Inc. uses the above collected information for general purposes such as allowing you to add products and services to your shopping cart, tailoring the content within the Site to match your interests, and ensuring that the site continues to operate properly with commonly used operating systems and browsers.
Far Hills Race Meeting Association, Inc. also uses this information to send you information, offers and other promotional materials from Far Hills Race Meeting Association, Inc. and selected third parties. You may opt out of receiving information directly from Far Hills Race Meeting Association, Inc. by using the contact information above.
The Site has security measures in place to protect the information under our control. We use secure socket layer (SSL) technology to protect the security of commercial transactions. We encrypt your personal and financial information as it travels over the Internet. We do not store any credit card information for the protection of our consumers.
Your financial information is used for the sole purpose of processing or refunding the transactions which take place on the Far Hills Race Meeting Association, Inc. system. By making a purchase, or engaging in any other kind of activity that uses financial information, you consent to our providing your financial information to third parties including the credit card companies and banking institutions used to process the transaction. We may also share your financial information with applicable Contracted Clients (venues/promoters/team owners/organizations, that contract directly with Far Hills Race Meeting Association, Inc. for ticketing services), primarily for facilitating “will call” ticket pick up, dispute resolution, refunds, and customer service at the event venue on the date of the event.
Children under the age of 13 are prohibited from submitting personal information to Far Hills Race Meeting Association, Inc. Federal Law prohibits web sites from collecting and/or distributing personal information from children without parental consent. At this time, Far Hills Race Meeting Association, Inc. has no effective means to obtain and track parental consent. Therefore, Far Hills Race Meeting Association, Inc. must prohibit the submission of personal information from children under the age of 13.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
The act of purchasing a ticket and/or completing a registration form on the Site automatically grants Far Hills Race Meeting Association, Inc. the right to share your personal information with our Contracted Clients (venues/promoters/team owners/organizations, that contract directly with Far Hills Race Meeting Association, Inc. for ticketing services) in association with the concert, game or other event you are purchasing a ticket(s) for. The opportunity to opt-out, or not to consent to our sharing of your personal information with them is not available at this time. Contracted Clients may use your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies, and may consequently use your personal information to contact you and may share your personal information with others. You will need to contact those Contracted Clients to instruct them directly regarding your preferences for the use of your personal information by them. You may contact Far Hills Race Meeting Association, Inc. to request the Contracted Client’s contact information.
Far Hills Race Meeting Association, Inc. does not share, sell or rent any of your information with parties other than Contracted Clients at this time. If Far Hills Race Meeting Association, Inc. changes this policy in the future, changes will be posted in the area of the web site on the date they become effective and any information used or collected after that date will be subject to the policy in effect at that time. We recommend that you review this policy each time you purchase a ticket to ensure your knowledge of the current policy.
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded to your computer. Cookies cannot damage your computer. Cookies, by themselves, cannot be used to identify you. Unless you’ve chosen to submit personal information to Far Hills Race Meeting Association, Inc. though registration or the purchase of products and/or services, Far Hills Race Meeting Association, Inc. cannot identify you. Cookies are used by Far Hills Race Meeting Association, Inc. to allow the smooth operation of the Site and to track your activity so that we may tailor the content of the Site to match your interests.