With or without placing bets, the Far Hills Race is a thrilling and memorable experience. But having a “little skin in the game” can provide that extra little bit of excitement. If you’re new to pari-mutuel betting or would like a refresher on exactly how things work before Race Day, here are some helpful tips on everything you need to know!
- What exactly is pari-mutuel betting?
- When participating in a pari-mutuel bet, you are not betting against a line or spread. You are betting against other betters in the pool – and the final payout is not determined until the pool is closed. In other words, until the specific race you’re betting on has ended, you won’t know how much of a payout you are owed– and you increase your chances of a higher payout by betting on horses that other betters are not counting on to win. So, betting on a long shot can yield huge payouts! The favorites were formidable in 2021, but City Dreamer paid $15.60 to win and keyed a $61.80 exacta.
- An exacta bet in horse racing is the wager placed on the first and second finishers in the correct order and—here at the Far Hills Race Meeting—it is one of the most popular types of bets.
- Download the 4NJBets App or go to 4njbets.com
- Click “Sign Up” in the Top Right
- Be sure to use Promo Code 200FARHILLS During Sign-Up
- Place your first win wager up to $200 on a single horse and get it back as wagering credit if you don’t win
- Select Desired Racetrack
- Select Desired Race Number
- Select Desired Bet Type (Win, Place, or Exacta, among others)
- Select Horse(s)
- Select Bet Amount
- Submit Bet
Whether you win, place or show—or don’t bet at all—the Far Hills Race Meeting is sure to be a fun and exciting day for all who are watching live or tuning in from home. As a reminder, we encourage all who are attending and drinking to do so responsibly on Race Day. For more information check out the FAQs, or message us on our social media channels. See you all soon!